Friday 12 October 2007

Day 1 - October 5th

So only had 3 hours sleep last night. A mixture of worrying, getting stuff ready and digesting the all-you-can-eat sushi and seafood! I meet my Uncle and we make the journey to the border crossing to Shenzhen. From Shenzhen my uncle decides to take me to a place called San Xuang, where I later find out that he owns properties for rent. It was a pretty odd two hour bus journey. I saw at least five car crashes, including one really bad one where it looked as though a truck carrying logs caught fire!!! I think this may be the most car crashes I’ve ever seen in one day!

We leave San Xuang at 2pm only to be caught in more traffic behind yet another car crash. I’m beginning to think that if I wanted to stay in traffic jams, I should have stayed in Hong Kong. My original plan for the day was to go visit my Nan at an old people’s home in Guangzhou, but we don’t arrive in town until 6pm. My uncle suggests it may be too late to go see her. I feel I have wasted the whole day and I could have stayed in Hong Kong for a few more hours’ kip. Fuming!!! We stay in my uncle’s holiday home in Guangzhou. I didn’t sleep well that night.

Miles walked: 2.223m
Steps taken: 5,657

No comments: