Sunday 14 October 2007

Day 3 - October 7th

We check out of the hotel and proceed to go to the safari. It was actually really good for Chinese standards. There were some pretty cool animals like snow tigers and my favourite, the lesser pandas. One of the enclosures had both lions and tigers together… how silly of me, of course, they hang out all the time in the wild! One of the great things about China is that you could get away with things like buying bananas and throwing them at elephants or buying some fish and chucking them at the seals! We chose not to go to the bear show… apparently they dress them up in human clothes and make them push prams around.

Get on a plane to Zhengzhou and arrive at around 11pm. Initial reaction; it’s a bit nips here. Then I think it really hit me when I looked out onto the concourse, “Why is everyone here wearing jumpers?” Oh dear!!! I looked pretty out of place in my shorts and t-shirt! I had a really pleasant taxi ride to the hotel I was staying in. I get chatting to driver and tell him my plans of travelling for three months. He is impressed, though warns me of the dangers. He tells me that I should call my parents as much as possible as they will be worried. I find out that he has a son just a year younger than me. He tells me that I seem like a friendly guy and won’t have any problems finding friends to travel with. Makes me feel good about myself. I call home that night. No answer!

Miles walked: 15.613m
Steps taken: 39,728

No comments: