Friday 12 October 2007

Day 2 - October 6th

Wake up bright and early to go see my Nan. It was a sorry sight. I don’t really want to talk too much about it, but let’s say that I don’t think there’s much of her left in that body. She was like an empty vessel. The date on her name tag said she was born in 1916, but my uncle says she is probably a few years older than that.

The plan for today was to meet my friend Gary who was heading up from HK and go to the safari in Guangzhou. He slept in and doesn’t arrive until 5pm. We get massages instead and then go on a cruise up the Pearl River. Go out to a bar and finish a bottle of whisky between us. The rest of the night becomes a haze, although I remember Gary getting on stage, and a man knocking over our drinks and coming back with a fruit platter and bowl of chips to show he is sorry!

Miles walked: 8.784m
Steps taken: 22,353

No comments: