Friday 7 December 2007

Day 35 - November 8th

As most of what I did in Yiwu is for work, I will skip out the day-to-day action! Basically, I am with my uncle, buying stock (as in goods) to import and sell in UK. Yiwu was built about 10 years ago in the middle of nowhere, but all the factories in all of China have a showroom there. It’s basically where everyone goes to buy ‘commodities’ (it’s called the Commodities City) and it’s full of Chinese and Arabs! Was pretty fun going into a store and saying.. “yes, I’ll have 200 units of this, 100 units of this and 50 oh these, if they sell well, I’ll take another 200!” I was the big boss!

Shopping!!!

We meet up with the Ma family who are some sort of distant relative who decide to come visit Yiwu. God knows why? There’s nothing to do here! We go have dinner with them but have the misfortune of turning up to a restaurant which was hosting a wedding banquet! It was noisy as hell! The host of the banquet (as Chinese banquets usually have) was also the entertainment as he sang numerous love songs. Was pretty mental.

Miles walked: 235.693m

No comments: