Saturday 22 December 2007

Day 45 - November 18th

Wake up late. Our boat arrived in Chongqing last night. I am late for breakfast and check out. Don’t get much time to say goodbye to the people I met on-board. I meet Vivian… Leo was right, she is pretty fit! I tell her I wanted to get a train out today for Chengdu but she tells me there are no seats today. So she books me into a Motel 168 (Eamonns favorite place to take the girls!) for Y100. I later find out there is a hostel in Chongqing, though she doesn’t really deal with this type of place. She is nice enough to take me into town after checking into my motel and buy the tickets and shows me a few shops. She then gets a call and leaves me and I walk around aimlessly for a few hours! I bump into the Brits that were onboard the ship earlier! They look very out of place! I direct them to Starbucks and they then look much happier!

I spend much of the day in internet cafes or in my room watching the Guinness World Records show in China! Highlight was the man who used his fist to crack open nuts… he cracked 50 in 30 seconds, he could have done more, but they ran out of nuts! I then realized that I could have got a bus to Chengdu! Stupid girl!

I chat to Lisa, my tour guide from the dam. She seems to open up to me and tell me all about her troubles at home and how she wants to leave, but its too scary for her! Why does this always happen to me?

Early night!

Miles walked: 299.569m

No comments: